Fresh Air

Fresh Air


Sunday, February 2, 2014

An new year

Welcome 2014! I get the feeling this is going to be a big year. One of changes , realized dreams, and of course some failures too.
Failure at times can be tough, but also inspiring if looked at from a different angle, and learned from.
For some reason, January h as a history of always being a tough month for me....and this January was no different! Record breaking cold that caused a pipe to burst in my 120 year old home, vehicle issues, and a ride in an ambulance and short hospital stay started my year off! I did, however hold two very successful Encaustic Workshops at the Burlington Art Centre. As always I had some very enthusiastic and creative students, and it was a pleasure to spend time with them.

  Now that it is February, I am hoping for a little smoother ride! I have so  many painting ideas that I want to get started on, and hope that I can find the balance of time and family to create them. I am trying desperately to get some aspects of my life in order, because they have de-railed , and as a result  have caused me to question some things and have made it quite difficult to concentrate on my art like I would like too. However, I do have faith that I can do this, and failure is not an option now.

     "Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark". Rabindranath Tagore

So on that thought, I wish everyone a wonderful year to come and I am looking forward to a creative and challenging new year.
Best wishes, Robbin

If you wish to contact me, please do so at innerspiritartworks_byrobbin@yahoo.com

To view older posts and/or photos of work, please just "click" on the Older Posts prompt at the bottom of the page.
Thank you  :>

No comments:

Post a Comment