Fresh Air

Fresh Air


Friday, February 20, 2009

Reproductions

This is to clearly state that any of my artwork that I post on this site, cannot be reproduced in any way, shape, or form without my express permission.
At this time and point in my art career, I do not make prints of my work. I do however keep a photo journal of all my paintings so that I have a record of what I have accomplished so far. I have mixed emotions about prints and reproductions. To me owning an original piece is very special and uniquely yours. No one else will have the same painting hanging in their collection. I do understand though, that sometimes the only way to own a particular piece of artwork, is through the purchase of a print. I also must say that I myself, have several prints by various artists that I have purchased over the years, and I love them!

There may come a time as my career moves forward, that I will consider having prints done of my work and offer them for purchase. But right now, I very strongly feel the need to promote the creating of and selling of original pieces. I think because I am just starting out, and I am having so much fun at being able to express myself through my artwork, that my wish is that when someone does purchase a painting of mine, that it is because it is so special to them and they know that they are the only one to have it. There is not a greater feeling in the world to me, than to have someone look at something that I have created and have it touch something inside them. When someone lingers a moment or two, and gazes at a painting of mine, and then they want to know about it, and then buy it and take it home, I know that I have done my job well. Art should touch a personal spot in you and intrigue you. I try extremely hard to convey feelings and emotions from my paintings because, for whatever reason, I have been touched by a feeling and inspiration from the many subjects I have chosen to paint.

I guess the bottom line is that if a person sees a beautiful painting, whether original or in print, and it touches them in some special way, then they should buy it. If it brings them great joy everytime they gaze at it in their home and it makes them feel special, then that's the best feeling of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment