Fresh Air

Fresh Air


Saturday, February 14, 2009

This blog is a new adventure for me. I am not very computer savvy at all, and I am MORE than a little intimidated by them! But thanks to my wonderful sister, who got me started with this, I 'm ready to give it a go!! The main reason for this blog is to promote my artwork, but I also realize that it is a way to get feedback as well about what I'm painting. I don't try to paint something I see exactly as it is, but rather as HOW I see it and feel it. And then I like to offer it for viewing. It can be very scarey to do this at times because it's like offering a private piece of myself out to the public. I put a lot of time and energy and passion into my artwork, and sometimes letting go of that can be very hard.

It was always a lifelong dream of mine to be an artist, but it was never a possibility before. I had a busy family life with a husband and four children, a physically demanding job, and it was a busy time. It was hard to find the time to paint. But in 2006 a serious spinal injury, and subsequent surgery, made it impossible for me to return to work. So, even though it was very hard at first to accept this huge change in my life, it has given me the chance to actually turn this dream into a reality. My family has been behind me all the way, and I have been painting like mad for a little over a year now, and it has been absolutely wonderful! I hope anyone who visits my site enjoys my paintings as much as I have enjoyed creating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment