Fresh Air

Fresh Air


Friday, February 20, 2009

REPRODUCTIONS

This is just a quick note to state that any of my work shown on this site cannot be reproduced in any way, shape, or form without my permission.

At this point in my art career I do not make any prints of my work. Once the original painting is sold, it's gone. I do keep a photo journal of all my work though so that I have a copy and record of what I have done so far. I have mixed feelings about prints of work, because I feel that owning an original piece of art is exciting and is uniquely yours. No one else has that painting but you. If there are a few hundred ( or more) prints of that piece out there in circulation, it doesn't feel as special to me (although I do own several prints by various artists myself!). I also know too, that sometimes the only way to acquire a beautiful piece of artwork is to buy the print because there is just no other way to own it. So, I go back and forth with my feelings about prints. Perhaps as my career goes forward I may consider having prints done of my work and offer them for purchase, but right now, I really believe in promoting original work.

I guess the bottom line is that if you really love a painting and it touches something in you, and you can't live without it, then you should buy it wether or not it is the original. That way every time you gaze at it hanging in you home, it makes you feel special, and that is the best feeling of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment